Cave City Convention Center
Got a knack for photography and capturing Kentucky on camera? For this year’s Photo Contest, we’re on the hunt for beautiful, original photos that fall into one of five categories:
“Some people talk to animals. Not many listen though. That’s the problem.” ― A.A. Milne
Who doesn’t love animals? They’re beautiful, cuddly, majestic. If you have an awesome picture of a furry, winged, or even scaly friend enter it in this category.
“Laugh as much as possible, always laugh. It’s the sweetest thing one can do for oneself & one’s fellow human beings.”– Maya Angelou
Sometimes, a single image can invoke laughter long after seeing it. If you have a photo that would make someone guffaw, snort or at least chuckle, share the fun.
“Heaven must be a Kentucky kind of place.” –Daniel Boone
From its glistening lakes to its beautiful mountain vistas, Kentucky is rife with natural beauty.
“A portrait is not made in the camera but on either side of it.” – Edward Steichen.
A smile. A look. A moment of connection. There’s nothing quite like capturing a moment in a person’s life.
Electric co-ops are all about the communities they serve. And we’re celebrating that spirit with our new Photo Contest category, “My Co-op.”
We’re looking for photos from your co-op community. It can be a picture of a co-op annual meeting, a local festival, lineworkers maintaining electric lines, or anything that illustrates how much you appreciate having electricity in your home.
Photo Contest details
Winners will be selected by our panel of professional judges. Category winners will be published in the July 2019 edition of Kentucky Living magazine.
Prizes in each category:
- 1st place – $100
- 2nd place – $50
- 3rd place – $25
- Submit up to 2 entries per category.
- Submitted photos should not contain watermarks, dates, logos or other art.
- Submitted photo file size should be between 500KB and 8MB.
- No purchase necessary. Employees or immediate family members of Kentucky Living, Kentucky Association of Electric Cooperatives, Kentucky’s electric co-ops and their respective divisions, subsidiaries, advertising, and promotion agencies may not enter the contest.
- Contest open to ages 13 and up.