www.graysonrecc.com to “Member Programs & Benefits”
Or call Grayson’s energy advisor, Tina Preece, at
(800) 562-3532 or (606) 475-2185
- Touchstone Energy Home
These rebates are for new homes being built. Rebates are from $250-$750 with inspections turned in before home is completed. Please call us before you start to build.
- Residential HVAC Retrofit
Resistance heat systems, such as baseboard heat, ceiling cable, and electric furnaces, are costly to operate. Consider replacing your existing resistance heat source with a high-efficiency heat pump for energy savings. You may receive a rebate from $500-$1,000 for the replacement.
- To qualify, your home must be at least two years old and you must be replacing electric resistance heat. New manufactured homes that choose to install a heat pump also qualify for this incentive.
- HVAC Duct Sealing
Leaks in your duct system are costly. Through the HVAC Duct Sealing program, we can help you identify leaks and provide an incentive of $250 for you to seal leaking duct work.
- Duct loss measurement is required before and after the duct sealing is performed. So, contact us at (800) 562-3532 before you begin.
- To qualify, your home must use an electric furnace or electric heat pump, and have a duct system that is at least two years old. This program is offered only to homes that have centrally ducted heating systems in unconditioned areas.
- Button-Up Weatherization
You can increase your home’s efficiency and your comfort through simple upgrades like adding insulation and replacing doors and windows. We can help you identify areas where improvements need to be made and suggest weatherization techniques to reduce heat loss in your home with the Button-Up program. You may also receive up to a $1,370 rebate for making these improvements. To qualify, your home must be at least two years old and electrically heated.
Provides assistance with finding up-front cash to pay for insulation, air-sealing improvements, and HVAC upgrades; eligible participants make installment payments as part of their monthly utility bill.
- Appliance Recycling
Do you have an old fridge or freezer wasting energy in your home? Want it hauled away for free? Want $50 for it too? We will pay you for recycling your inefficient, working appliance through our Appliance Recycling Program.
- Have your account number ready and call 1-844-HAUL4ME to schedule your pickup. Qualifying refrigerators and freezers must be:
• in working condition (compressor running)
• plugged in and running at scheduled pickup
• between 7.75-30 cubic feet
• empty and defrosted, with water lines disconnected at scheduled pickup time
- ENERGY STAR Appliance Rebate
When it’s time to replace your appliances, look for the ENERGY STAR-certified label to save big! Plus, our ENERGY STAR Appliance Program provides a rebate to members who purchase and install ENERGY STAR-certified appliances. ENERGY STAR Appliance Rebate amounts are as follows:
- Refrigerator $100
Clothes Washer $75
Heat Pump Water Heater $300
Heat Pump $300
Central Air Conditioning $300
The SimpleSaver program is another way that we are working to keep your electricity affordable and our environment healthy. We will pay you up to $20 annually for each central air conditioner you enroll. Sign up your 40-gallon or greater electric water heater and receive an additional $10 annual credit. And you will receive those bill credits each and every year you remain in the program. Grayson RECC will give a $25 sign-on bonus to those who qualify.
- To schedule an appointment, call (800) 305-5493. For more info see “SimpleSaver” article at top.
- Energy Audit
We’re here to help improve the energy efficiency of your home. Our energy advisor will visit your home to perform an energy audit and recommend changes that could lower your energy bill and make your home more comfortable. We provide this service free of charge to our members that use electric as their main source of heat. To schedule an appointment, call (800) 562-3532 or (606) 475-2185.
With the prepay service program (“Prepay”), residential members may purchase electricity before they use it. Prepay residential members avoid paying deposits, late fees, collection fees and/or reconnect fees. Prepay provides members the chance to become more aware of energy usage and better manage energy consumption.
- ENERGY STAR Manufactured Home Program
If you’re thinking of purchasing a new manufactured home, be sure to request the ENERGY STAR Manufactured Home Program to your salesperson. You may be eligible for an ENERGY STAR-certified upgrade at no additional cost. In most cases, manufactured homes installed in our co-op service territory may be upgraded to ENERGY STAR standards through this energy-efficiency program. Right now, that’s an average savings of about $1,100 each year or about $90 a month on your electric bill.