Or call Nolin’s energy advisor Todd Drake at (270) 765-6153
- Touchstone Energy Home
$750 rebate for newly constructed home meeting Touchstone Energy standards with high-efficiency heat pump (rated 14 SEER/8.2 HSPF or higher). Pre-drywall inspection required.
- Heat Pump Retrofit
$500 incentive for replacement of resistance heat source with high-efficiency heat pump (rated 13 SEER/7.7 HSPF or higher). $750 incentive for replacement with 14 SEER/8.2 HSPF or higher. $1,000 incentive for replacement with 15 SEER/8.5 HSPF or higher. Must be an all-electric home before any heat pump rebate is paid.
- Button-Up Weatherization
A FREE home energy audit must be done before work is started and after work is completed. Upgrading insulation, windows, or doors on all-electric homes at least two years old. A Nolin RECC representative will calculate BTU saved. Four levels of rebates are offered based on amount of energy savings:
• Level 1 $520 maximum rebate: insulation, windows, and doors
• Level 2 $750 maximum rebate: insulation, windows, doors, and air sealing
• Level 3 $1,060 maximum rebate: insulation, windows, doors, and air sealing with at least 26,500 BTU reduction
• Level 4 $1,370 maximum rebate: insulation, windows, doors, and air sealing with at least 34,250 BTU reduction
- Homes are required to be at least two years old and all-electric. Levels 2-4 are required to have a blower door test performed before and after work is done.
Peak demand usage conservation program; offers credits for participating A/C and water heater units. For more info see “SimpleSaver” article at top.
- ENERGY STAR Appliance Rebates
This program provides rebates to members who purchase and install ENERGY STAR-certified appliances. Rebates range from $50 to $300 as follows:
- Refrigerator $100
Clothes Washer $75
Heat Pump Water Heater $300
Heat Pump $300
Central Air Conditioning $300
- Click on ENERGY STAR Rebate Program to learn more about this great new program.
- Appliance Recycling Program
This new program offers you a chance to recycle that old refrigerator or freezer you have sitting in your garage or basement. Your reward for getting rid of your inefficient, working appliance is $50.
• Qualifying refrigerators and freezers must be between 7.75-30 cubic feet and in working condition.
• They must be plugged in and the compressor must be running at the scheduled pickup time.
• Refrigerators/freezers must be empty, defrosted, and water lines disconnected.
Call 1-844-HAUL4ME to schedule your free pickup. Have your account number ready when calling. Visit our Appliance Rebate Program to make sure your unit will qualify for this program.
- ENERGY STAR Manufactured Home Program
If you’re thinking of purchasing a new manufactured home, be sure to request the ENERGY STAR Manufactured Home Program to your salesperson. You may be eligible for an ENERGY STAR-certified upgrade at no additional cost. In most cases, manufactured homes installed in our co-op service territory may be upgraded to ENERGY STAR standards through this energy-efficiency program. Right now, that’s an average savings of about $1,100 each year or about $90 a month on your electric bill.