Salt River Electric
www.srelectric.com to “Products & Services”
- Touchstone Energy Home
$750 rebate for newly constructed home that meets Touchstone Energy Standards. Requires use of Touchstone Energy Home Prescriptive Path checklist, or a HERS Index rating of 79 or lower; requires installation of an electric water heater and an electric heat pump or geothermal heating/cooling system; heat pump must have a SEER rating of 14 or higher, with an HSPF of 8.2; geothermal must meet ARI 325 standards. Home inspection required before drywall is applied and during various stages of construction to verify rebate requirements are being met; call today to schedule a meeting with our energy advisor.
- Heat Pump Retrofit
Incentives for residential customers to replace their existing electric resistance heat source with a high-efficiency heat pump. Rebate amounts are as follows:
- $750 – 14 SEER, 8.0 HSPF
$1000 – 15 SEER or higher, 8.5 HSPF or higher
- Requires energy advisor visit to verify new equipment meets standards for rebate. Please note: If you are replacing an existing heat pump with a new heat pump, this does not qualify for the rebate. Dual-fuel systems do not qualify for this rebate.
- Button-Up Weatherization
Incentives for improved insulation and weatherization upgrades (i.e., windows, doors, etc.) for homes older than two years, with electricity as primary heat source; $40 per 1,000 BTU saved, with a maximum of $520 per home.
- Simple Saver
Peak demand usage conservation program; offers credits for participating A/C and water heater units. For more info see “Simple Saver” article at top.
- ENERGY STAR Appliance Rebates
This program provides rebates to members who purchase and install ENERGY STAR-certified appliances. Rebates range from $50 to $300 as follows:
- Refrigerator $100
Clothes Washer $75
Heat Pump Water Heater $300
Heat Pump $300
Central Air Conditioning $300
- Appliance Recycling Program
This new program offers you a chance to recycle that old refrigerator or freezer you have sitting in your garage or basement. Your reward for getting rid of your inefficient, working appliance is $50.
- Qualifying refrigerators and freezers must be between 7.75-30 cubic feet and in working condition.
- They must be plugged in and the compressor must be running at the scheduled pickup time.
- Refrigerators/freezers must be empty, defrosted, and water lines disconnected.
- Call 1-844-HAUL4ME to schedule your free pickup. Have your account number ready when calling.
- ENERGY STAR Manufactured Home Program
If you’re thinking of purchasing a new manufactured home, be sure to request the ENERGY STAR Manufactured Home Program to your salesperson. You may be eligible for an ENERGY STAR-certified upgrade at no additional cost. In most cases, manufactured homes installed in our co-op service territory may be upgraded to ENERGY STAR standards through this energy-efficiency program. Right now, that’s an average savings of about $1,100 each year or about $90 a month on your electric bill.