Or call Nolin’s energy advisor Todd Drake at (270) 765-6153
Touchstone Energy Home
$750 rebate for newly constructed home meeting Touchstone Energy standards with high-efficiency heat pump (rated 14 SEER/8.2 HSPF or higher). Pre-drywall inspection required.
Heat Pump Retrofit
$500 incentive for replacement of resistance heat source with high-efficiency heat pump (rated 13 SEER/7.7 HSPF or higher). $750 incentive for replacement with 14 SEER/8.2 HSPF or higher. $1,000 incentive for replacement with 15 SEER/8.5 HSPF or higher. Must be an all-electric home before any heat pump rebate is paid.
A FREE home energy audit must be done before work is started and after work is completed. Upgrading insulation, windows, or doors on all-electric homes at least two years old. A Nolin RECC representative will calculate BTU saved. Four levels of rebates are offered based on amount of energy savings:
• Level 1 $520 maximum rebate: insulation, windows, and doors
• Level 2 $750 maximum rebate: insulation, windows, doors, and air sealing
• Level 3 $1,060 maximum rebate: insulation, windows, doors, and air sealing with at least 26,500 BTU reduction
• Level 4 $1,370 maximum rebate: insulation, windows, doors, and air sealing with at least 34,250 BTU reduction
Homes are required to be at least two years old and all-electric. Levels 2-4 are required to have a blower door test performed before and after work is done.
Peak demand usage conservation program; offers credits for participating A/C and water heater units. For more info see “SimpleSaver” article at top.
ENERGY STAR Appliance Rebates
This program provides rebates to members who purchase and install ENERGY STAR-certified appliances. Rebates range from $50 to $300 as follows:
Clothes Washer $75
Heat Pump Water Heater $300
Heat Pump $300
Central Air Conditioning $300
Click on ENERGY STAR Rebate Program to learn more about this great new program.
Appliance Recycling Program
This new program offers you a chance to recycle that old refrigerator or freezer you have sitting in your garage or basement. Your reward for getting rid of your inefficient, working appliance is $50.
• Qualifying refrigerators and freezers must be between 7.75-30 cubic feet and in working condition.
• They must be plugged in and the compressor must be running at the scheduled pickup time.
• Refrigerators/freezers must be empty, defrosted, and water lines disconnected.
Call 1-844-HAUL4ME to schedule your free pickup. Have your account number ready when calling. Visit our Appliance Rebate Program to make sure your unit will qualify for this program.
ENERGY STAR Manufactured Home Program
If you’re thinking of purchasing a new manufactured home, be sure to request the ENERGY STAR Manufactured Home Program to your salesperson. You may be eligible for an ENERGY STAR-certified upgrade at no additional cost. In most cases, manufactured homes installed in our co-op service territory may be upgraded to ENERGY STAR standards through this energy-efficiency program. Right now, that’s an average savings of about $1,100 each year or about $90 a month on your electric bill.