- Makes one tube cake.
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 6 egg whites
- 1 lb. English walnuts, chopped
- 2 small containers candied pineapple
- 2 small containers candied cherries
- 1 cup white raisins, or more if desired
In medium bowl, make batter with first six ingredients. Stir in nuts and fruit into the batter mixture, mixing thoroughly. Pour into a greased tube pan. Bake 1 hour and 40 minutes at 250°, and then bake 1 more hour at 300°. Watch during the last baking time as it may not require the full hour. Cake is done when toothpick inserted comes out dry and not sticky.