Supplement to “Jack Tales”
Why not write or help your children write their own Jack tales? Use this loose formula.
1. Jack—or whatever name you choose. He will be the youngest, laziest, or dullest of the family.
2. Jack is encouraged to go find work. The family is quite poor.
3. Along the way Jack meets up with someone that needs something done.
4. Jack takes on the job and uses his wits, cunning, and trickery to accomplish the task.
5. Let your imagination run wild. Make the tale as fun and as outlandish as you can.
Return to Jack Tales, the Kentucky Living July 2007 feature that goes along with this supplement.