Check out incentives, rebates, and great tips for energy savings like the ones below in our 2014 Energy Guide (PDF)
- Replace furnace filters monthly during the
heating season. (Clogged filters force the
blower to run longer, raising your utility
- Install a programmable thermostat to
reduce heating/cooling expenses when
you’re away from home.
- Install a high-efficiency showerhead, which
can reduce hot water use by up to 50
- Lower the temperature setting on your
water heater to 120 degrees.
- Block the heat from the sun with blinds in
the summer; open blinds in the winter to let
solar heat in.