- 10 min
- 40 min
Submitted by Barbara Day, M.S., R.D.
- 2 12-ounce bags frozen unsweetened mixed berries (5 cups) which include strawberries, blackberries, raspberries and blueberries or can use berries of choice
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup wheat germ
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or almonds
- 12 Dove dark chocolate pieces
- 2 tbsp Light Cool Whip per serving or can substitute low fat vanilla yogurt
This yummy dessert will make an excellent Valentine’s Chocolate Dessert for your sweetie and you, too. It’s high in fiber and antioxidants, with lots of flavenoids. Plus it’s loaded with Vitamin C. But the most important ingredient: DARK CHOCOLATE. Yum!
Per Serving: 368 calories, 9 grams protein, 15 grams of fat, 55 grams of CHO, 10 grams of fiber, 18 mg sodium.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, mix berries with cornstarch and put in an 8″x8″ glass baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the honey, rolled oats, wheat germ, brown sugar, cinnamon and nuts. Spread over the berry mixture and bake for 30 minutes. Put chocolate pieces into a blender to break up. Remove the berry mixture and top evenly with chocolate broken pieces and return to oven for 10 minutes. Serve with Cool Whip or vanilla low fat yogurt.
2 12-ounce bags frozen unsweetened mixed berries (5 cups) which include strawberries, blackberries, raspberries and blueberries or can use berries of choice
old fashioned rolled oats
chopped walnuts or almonds
Dove dark chocolate pieces
Light Cool Whip or low fat vanilla yogurt