- Serves 8.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted cold butter, cut into chunks
- 1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Sift together first four ingredients. Using a pastry cutter or 2 forks, cut in cold butter until mixture is crumbly. Make a well in the center of dough and pour in one cup of heavy cream. Being careful not to overwork the dough, gently combine the crumbly mixture with the cream. Fold in the cranberries and pat dough out, on a lightly floured surface, into a long rectangle about 1/2-inch thick. Cut dough into 4 squares and cut each piece diagonally to form 8 triangles. Brush with remaining 2 Tablespoons of heavy cream and bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned. Serve immediately.