- 1 lb quinoa
- 1/2 C diced red onion
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 C diced red pepper
- 1 C garbanzo beans
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 C Italian dressing Salt and pepper to taste
- Italian Dressing
- 1/2 C lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 C extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh, finely chopped basil
- 2 Tbsp fresh, finely chopped oregano
- 2 tsp fresh, finely chopped marjoram
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
Rinse quinoa in a fine mesh strainer. Stir it into cold water in a saucepan, bring to a boil, then turn down heat to medium and cover. Cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain under cold water in the same fine mesh strainer and cool.
To make salad dressing, combine lemon juice, mustard, garlic, sugar, and red pepper flakes in a food processor. While processor is running, slowly stream in olive oil. Mix in fresh herbs. Season to taste with salt and pepper. This can be made ahead and kept refrigerated.
In a mixing bowl, toss quinoa, vegetables, and cilantro. Stir in Italian dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper.