- Filling 10 (or so) medium apples
- 1 C sugar
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 C water
- Topping 1 C cinnamon-raisin granola
- 1 C all-purpose flour
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄2 C melted butter
Heat oven to 350°.
To make filling, peel, core, and slice apples (enough to fill a 9 x 13 dish).
Mix sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
Spread over apples and drizzle 1⁄2 cup water over all.
Combine granola, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and butter in a bowl.
Mix to combine evenly and crumble over apples.
Bake 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Serves 12. Leftovers are good for breakfast.
- The 2016 Kentucky Green Living Fair is scheduled for April 2. It will feature beekeeping, gardening, self-sufficiency, composting toilets, aquaponics, backyard poultry, mead-making, and more. Find out more at kygreenlivingfair.com
- To find the closest apple orchard to you, check out orangepippin.com
- Apples cook down quite a bit while baking so when you’re making apple crisp, don’t be afraid to fill the pan fairly full.