- 2 to 3 C cooked chicken , diced
- 3 C tomatillo-based green sauce
- 1 C crumbled queso Oaxaca (white Mexican cheese)
- 1 C shredded sharp cheddar
- 12 (or so) 6-inch corn tortillas
Recipe by Sarah Fritschner
Heat oven to 375°.
Spray a 9- by 13-inch pan with cooking spray.
Pour 1 cup of sauce into the pan to cover the bottom.
Combine chicken in a bowl with 1 cup sauce and stir.
Mix the cheeses.
In a dry skillet over high heat, warm tortillas for 30 or so seconds, flipping often, and stacking as you finish.
Fill each tortilla with a scant 1⁄4 C of chicken and sprinkle in a little cheese.
Roll to enclose filling and place seam side down in baking dish.
Pour remaining enchilada sauce over rolls, and sprinkle evenly with any cheese that’s left.
Bake 25 minutes. Cool 10 minutes. Serve with more green sauce, if desired. Serves 4.