- Crust: 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon iodized salt
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate chunks or chips
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons Kentucky bourbon
- 2 cups pecan pieces
Recipe by Chef Ouita Michel, Holly Hill Inn
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 13-by-9-inch baking pan with pan spray. Set aside.
Filling: While the crust is baking, place chocolate chunks and butter in heat-proof bowl, and melt in microwave using medium power. Stir well until butter and chocolate are melted and well combined. Set aside.
Place eggs in large bowl and beat well. Add brown sugar, flour, salt, corn syrup, vanilla, and bourbon and whisk thoroughly until well combined. Add melted chocolate mixture and pecans and whisk thoroughly, then pour evenly over warm partially baked crust. Bake 30-35 minutes or until filling is set. Cool completely and refrigerate.
To serve, cut into 48 small bars.