Glazed Fall Vegetables
- Serves 4.
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large white potato, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3 carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 acorn squash, halved, seeded, peeled, and each half cut into fourths
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup water
Preheat oven to 425º. Place potatoes, carrots, onion, and squash in a bowl. Add brown sugar, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Toss well. Place in 9 x 12-inch glass baking dish. Cut butter into pieces and scatter over the top. Pour the water into the baking dish. Cover tightly with foil and bake 45 minutes. Remove foil and stir vegetables. Continue baking, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes more or until vegetables are tender and lightly browned.