Heart Healthy Oven Fried Chicken
- Serves 4-6.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 Tablespoons low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup crushed saltine crackers
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2-3 pounds of your favorite chicken pieces
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
Preheat oven to 350°. Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray. In small bowl, combine egg and milk. In shallow container, combine ground flaxseed, crackers, pepper, parsley, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, and seasoned salt.
Skin chicken pieces and rinse. Pat dry. Dip chicken pieces into egg mixture and coat with crumb mixture. Place chicken on large, greased sheet pan so pieces do not touch. Drizzle with melted butter. Bake 45 minutes until chicken is tender and juices run clear. Do not turn chicken pieces.