- 2 lbs of lamb or mutton cut into bite size pieces
- 3 small yellow onions cut into thin slices
- 5 medium size potatoes, peeled and cut into slices
- 5 carrots thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped parsley
In large heavy pot, layer lamp pieces, onions, carrots, and potatoes, ending with potatoes.
Sprinkle salt and pepper between each layer.
Pour enough cold water in pot to come up halfway through ingredients.
Cover pot and simmer 2 ½ to 3 hours.
Allow stew to set 30 minutes before serving.
Spoon into bowls and sprinkle with parsley.