- Serves 4-6.
- For Polenta:
- 1 cup coarse yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3-1/2 cups water For Mushroom
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. portabella mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3/4 lb. white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 1 (28 oz.) can whole tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
In a 3-quart microwave-safe casserole, combine the above ingredients. Cover tightly and cook on high for 5 minutes. Stir thoroughly. Cover again and cook on high until all the water is absorbed, stirring every 2 minutes. Allow to cool and slice into squares.
Heat butter, oil, and onion on high in microwave-safe bowl for three minutes. Add remaining ingredients and continue cooking on high 5 to 7 minutes. Pour over sliced polenta and serve.