Submitted by Romona Berg
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb Jimmy Dean sausage (mild or hot)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp garlic salt
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1–2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (4 oz) cans mushrooms
- 2.25 oz can sliced black olives (optional)
- 24 oz jar Prego Italian sauce + 1/4 C water
- Olive oil
- Hot roll mix
- 4 C shredded mozzarella
- 6 oz bag sliced pepperoni Grated Parmesan cheese
In large skillet, brown onion, green pepper, beef and sausage. Drain grease. Add seasonings and garlic. Cook on medium-high, stirring 5–6 minutes. Add mushrooms and olives, if using. Add Prego and water to skillet. Stir well and turn off heat.
Grease 13×9-inch pan with olive oil. Follow hot roll package instructions for pizza crust on box. Place dough in pan and stretch up sides to form crust.
Layer 1 cup mozzarella, half the sauce, half the pepperoni, then another 2 cups of mozzarella, the rest of sauce and pepperoni, and top with last cup of mozzarella. Sprinkle Parmesan on top.
Bake at 375° for 35–40 minutes until brown and bubbly. Serves 8–10.