- Serves 6.
- 1-1/2 pounds tenderized round steak
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 (4 oz.) can sliced mushrooms, drained (reserve liquid)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
Cut steak into thin strips. In a large skillet brown meat in oil, using high heat. Add onions. Sauté until tender but slightly crisp. Blend soup, sherry, liquid from mushrooms, and garlic salt. Pour over steak. Add mushrooms. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 1 hour or until steak is tender. Serve over rice.