- 2 cups freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup jarred diced pimentos, drained
- 1 Tbsp chopped chives
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices soft white sandwich bread
- 2 medium, ripe heirloom tomatoes, sliced
In a bowl, combine the cheese, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, pimentos, chives, and paprika.
Season with salt and pepper.
To assemble sandwiches, spread a thick layer of pimento cheese on 4 slices of bread.
Top with tomato slices and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Spread the other 4 slices of bread with remaining mayonnaise and place over the tomatoes.
Find more of Nguyen’s recipes, see some of her cooking demos, and find an entire list of Kentucky Proud products at www.KyProud.com.
1. Smoked paprika is a great addition to soups, stews, spice rubs for grilling or broiling meat, spreads, and more. If you can’t find it in the supermarket, order online at bourbonbarrelfoods.com/shop/bourbon-smoked-paprika.
2. Make pimento cheese with a Tex-Mex flavor by substituting pepper jack cheese for the cheddar and canned green chilies for the pimento. Add as much minced jalapeno (or hot sauce) as you dare.