2013 – 2014
Here are the photo concepts or themes with due dates for your Snap Shot submissions to Kentucky Living.
Be creative when entering photos for the concepts or themes listed. We have tried to choose topics that will allow you to submit a wide variety of photos. Submit crisp, colorful photos with sharp detail. Remember that close-ups with people work best, with your beloved animals coming in a close second. Do not edit photos for us with special effects or photo editing tools.
Feel free to upload or send more than one entry, and you may do so in advance.
• November: Honoring my elders—Due September 17, 2013
• December: Favorite ornament—Due October 17, 2013
• January: Frozen—Due November 16, 2013
• February: The sweetest photo—Due December 16, 2013
• March: Winged wonders—Due January 18, 2014
• April: Music to my ears—Due February 15, 2014
• May: Mom and me—Due March 15, 2014
• June: My wheels—Due April 18, 2014
• July: Flag bearers—Due May 17, 2014
• August: Kentucky’s harvest—Due June 17, 2014
• September: My favorite pet—Due July 18, 2014
• October: Fall reflections—Due August 16, 2014
• November: Kentucky wildlife—Due September 17, 2014
• December: Baking memories—Due October 17, 2014
How to Enter Your Snapshots:
offer photo uploading
Just click here
and fill out and then upload your photo file through
the Snapshots Topics entry form. Instructions are also provided at this
Mail a hard copy of your snapshot to:
Kentucky Living Snapshots
P.O. Box 32170
Louisville, KY 40232
You may also send a photo file on a CD disk—but make sure your photo
file is at least 1 MB. And, send your CD to the address above.
Make sure to include this information with your entry:
- The theme or category you are submitting the photo for
- Where the photo was taken
- Who the people are in the photo, identified clearly, and where they
- The name, address, and phone number of the photographer or person
- The name of your electric cooperative
most likely to get chosen include: photos with people in them, that are
sharp, clear, have good contrast, and are color.
No color laser prints please as they do not reproduce well. We’ll
print as many as we have room for.
Photos will NOT be returned unless you include a stamped, addressed
envelope for return. Photos will be returned approximately two weeks after
the magazine issue prints.