A good night for a good day
Nothing can twist a perfectly good morning into a stressful one like forgetting an important item or not being able to find what you need. Encourage your child to develop more organized habits by taking a few minutes each evening to get organized for the next morning.
- Finish homework and place neatly in folders; have parent sign forms; roll up and rubberband posters; plug in laptop for charging.
- Communicate with teammates on group projects.
- Set out clothes.
- Clean out lunchbox; place freezer pack in freezer and nonperishables in lunchbox. Prepare containers of veggies, fruit, or dips and place them in fridge.
- Look at the calendar to see what’s coming due or what after-school commitments/appointments are on tap this week.
- Pack backpack for after-school activities—sports gear, music folder, babysitting supplies, etc.—even if there is time to come home for a few minutes before these begin.