As we went to press with Kentucky Living’s annual April Travel Issue, the COVID-19 health emergency was breaking. We realize there will be many changes to tourism events and other activities over the coming weeks. Please be sure to verify all events and activities on company websites and/or on social media before you go. We will make sure all events on KentuckyLiving.com are updated as we are notified or become aware of cancellations.
While observing recommended health guidelines, we encourage you to continue to support our travel partners and other advertisers, along with your local businesses. During and when this health crisis is over, they will need our help due to the economic hardship.
- This event has passed.
Wild Lights Asian Lantern Festival at the Louisville Zoo
For more information and to purchase Advance Discount Tickets Visit
One of the Largest Lantern Festivals in the Nation!
See the Zoo in a Whole New “LIGHT”!
Open Nightly 6:30 PM – 10 PM
• 65 larger-than-life, jaw dropping lantern displays in what will be the LARGEST Lantern Festival in the Region!
• Over 2000 beautifully ornate lanterns wrapped in more than 60,000 square feet of silk…all handmade by Chinese artisans!
• The Lanterns cover 70 acres along our 1 mile Zoo Path and are Illuminated by Over 50,000 LED Light Bulbs!
• The Amazing Water Dragon spans the length of the lake it resides in and is over 130 Feet Long and 2 Stories High!
• Interactive displays include our 70 foot Walk-Through Shark Tunnel, glowing moon swings, LED lilly Pads, & our photo op Angel Wings!
• Enjoy nightly stage shows by Chinese acrobats & performers!
• Plus delicious asian cuisine, handicrafts, and much more!
Only a limited number of tickets are available each event day. We STRONGLY recommend purchasing in advance at www.WildLightsLouisville.com