Kentucky Living 2018 Photo Contest
All images must be submitted through our photo submission website page, including all required fields. Digital images sent via mail or email will not be accepted.
Submit one online form per entry with your uploaded digital image. Submitted photos to the contest should not contain watermarks, dates, logos or other art. All entries must follow the rules below to be eligible. KAEC/Kentucky Living reserves the right to disqualify anyone if contest rules are not followed.
- No Purchase Necessary
- Eligibility: Contest is open to anyone age 18 or older in the Continental United States. Entries must be the original work of the photographer making the submission. Photoshopped and obvious altered images will be disqualified (acceptable standard optimization to submitted photos includes cropping and reasonable adjustments to color, contrast, exposure or sharpening). If you include people in your photo submissions, you are responsible for obtaining the necessary releases from the individuals depicted, and must be able to provide copies of those releases to KAEC/Kentucky Living upon request.
- Who May Not Enter: Employees or immediate family members of Kentucky Living, Kentucky Association of Electric Cooperatives, Kentucky’s electric co-ops and their respective divisions, subsidiaries, advertising, and promotion agencies may not enter the contest.
- Location: Kentucky images only.
- Limit: Two entries per category per person.
- Categories: My Hometown; Hometown Eats; Uniquely Kentucky; Serene Scenes; and Photo Sharks.
- File type/size accepted: JPEG digital image, the highest resolution possible, 300 pixels per inch (at 8.5 x 11 inches), minimum file size 500 k, maximum file size 8 mb.
- Submission Dates for Entries: Contest begins on Thursday, March 1, 2018, at 1 a.m. Eastern Standard Time and ends on Saturday, March 31, 2018, 4 p.m. Eastern Daylight Saving Time
- Judging: Photos will be judged on visual appeal, human interest, and artistic merit as well as technical excellence, composition, and subject matter relevant to the category entered. Professional photographer judges will determine the winning photos, with each judging one category. There will be no ties. All judging decisions are final.
- Prizes: Five first-place category winners, $100 each; five second-place category winners, $50 each; five third-place category winners, $25 each; five People’s Choice category winners, $50 each.
- Category Winners will be announced in the July 2018 issue of Kentucky Living magazine. People’s Choice Winners will be announced online.
- People’s Choice Winners: People’s Choice is a separate social media contest decided by online reader votes. Winners will be determined by the most online votes in each of the five categories, and will be awarded per the following schedule:
- May 19-25: Voting for My Hometown; winner announced May 25
- May 26-June 1: Voting for Hometown Eats; winner announced June 1
- June 2-8: Voting for Uniquely Kentucky; winner is announced June 8
- June 9-15: Voting for Serene Scenes; winner announced June 15
- June 16-22: Voting for Photo Sharks; winner announced June 22
- How Prizes will be Awarded: All prizes will be awarded no later than July 31, 2018. Prize winners will be notified by email or online. Prizes will only be shipped to an address in the United States. Odds of winning depend upon the number of entries; should a category receive less than 25 entries, KAEC/Kentucky Living reserves the right to not award winners and prizes in that category. Prizes are subject to change and may be subject to U.S. taxes; a Form 1099 will be issued the following year if the prize value equals or exceeds $600 in value and winners agree to complete the necessary IRS W-9 form prior to award of such prize. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Kentucky Living, 2018 Photo Contest, P.O. Box 32170, Louisville, KY 40232. Requests must be received by December 31, 2018.
- Other Conditions: In the event that the Photo Contest is impaired in any way (i.e., operation, security, or administration), KAEC/Kentucky Living may suspend the Photo Contest, resume the Photo Contest, or elect to award prizes from the eligible entries received at the time the contest was suspended.
- Questions: Inquiries about contest rules can be submitted online at Contact Us/Submissions.