- Serves 8.
- 3- to 4-pound stewing chicken
- 3 quarts water
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups alphabet pasta
- 1-1/3 cups carrots, sliced
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large Dutch oven, combine chicken, water, and poultry seasoning. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat 1 hour or until chicken is tender. Remove chicken and skim off fat. Cut meat from bone and return to soup. Add alphabet pasta, carrots, celery, and onion. Cook, covered, over medium heat 20 to 30 minutes or until pasta is tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper.