- 30 min
- 60 for loaf, 35 for small loaves min
Submitted by Mary Diane Hanna
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 3/4 cups of flour
- 1 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup +1 tablespoon of butter milk – you can use powdered buttermilk instead of buttermilk and add water per directions
- 1/2 cup cinnamon applesauce
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips
|In mixer, combine bananas, eggs, buttermilk and applesauce. Add dry ingredients with the exception of the chocolate chips and mix until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips at the end.
Grease one loaf pan and dust with flour (or use four or 5 small loaf pans depending on the size of the bananas).
The baking time for a large loaf is approximately 50 minutes to 1 hour and for the small loaves the baking time is approximately 35 minutes at 325 degrees. The banana bread should be golden brown and there should be no dough on an inserted toothpick when done. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.