- Serves 2-4.
- 4 oz. bowtie pasta, cooked al dente
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 6 large mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh chives
- Olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon basil, dried
- Baked Cheese Crisps
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 cup coarsely grated Romano cheese
Preheat oven to 350°. On stove, saute tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper, and chives in small amount of olive oil. Mix in basil the last couple of minutes of cooking. When reduced to ragout consistency, toss with pasta and garnish with a few whole chives.
During last few minutes of cooking pasta, spray cookie sheet with cooking spray and sprinkle small rounds of Parmesan cheese. Bake in preheated oven until golden brown. Remove from oven, sprinkle with Romano cheese, and allow to cool a few minutes. Serve with pasta sprinkled with Romano cheese.