Chai Cake with Green Tea Buttercream Frosting
- 50 min
- 25 min
Submitted by Regina Barnes
- 1 teaspoon of each : ground ginger, cinnamon, cardamon and cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup half and half milk
- Frosting: 5 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup green tea ( I take 2 green tea bags and place in 2/3 cup boiling water and let steep)
- 1 1/3 cups unsalted butter, very cold and chopped into small cubes
- 2 2/3 cups Crisco shortening, very cold and chopped into small pieces
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
|1. In small bowl , combine ginger, cinnamon, cardamon, cloves and pepper . Set aside.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla.
3. In another bowl sift together cake flour, baking powder, salt and spice mixture. Gradually combine with creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare (2) 8 inch cake pans. Place bottom of each pan with parchment paper, grease and flour pans.
5. Bake cakes for approximately 24 to 30 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
Here on the farm we raise bees, chickens, fruit trees, many types of berries and of course Basset Hounds. Holmes, our basset welcomes the folks that come to our small shop here on the farm to purchase honey and natural jams we process. No chemicals allowed here. We are members of Ky. Proud and Fleming County Farmers Market and members of the Fleming Mason Energy . On this postage stamp farm, my husband and I try to educate people on how to be able to grow most of your foods without pesticides, herbicides and chemicals.
As earlier stated, we love to celebrate holidays and lots of church socials. I enjoy the taste of this spicy blend of flavors of Chai tea in this wonderful cake. It is a great desert to end fantastic meals that even the Grandchildren enjoy! The icing is a very fluffy, meringue buttercream that is not to sweet and withstands warm temperatures of the summer birthday picnic. Whatever the season, this is a great dessert that you can be proud to serve to family and friends.