- 1 unbaked (9-inch) pie crust (Use 2 if lattice crust is desired)
- 6 tart apples
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Topping: 3 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped fresh walnuts
Mix sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg, and walnuts and sprinkle evenly over apple filling.
If lattice crust is desired, cut second crust into 1/2-inch strips and arrange lattice-style on top of pie.
Set pie on middle rack of oven and bake at 350° for 55 to 65 minutes.
If crust browns too fast, cover loosely with foil.
The pie is done when it bubbles and apples are tender.
Serve warm topped with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.