- 2 cups cooked orzo
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 3 Tablespoons diced red onions
- 3 Tablespoons currants
- 2 Tablespoons corn niblets
- I /4 cup chopped parsley
- 3 Tablespoons diced yellow peppers
- 3 Tablespoons diced red peppers
- 3 Tablespoons diced green peppers
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- I/2 teaspoon salt
- I/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds
- 1/2 cup orzo dressing:
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup sweet white balsamic vinegar
- 6 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil
Cook orzo and wild rice per box instructions; shock in cold water and refrigerate.
Place all ingredients in mixing bowl, and toss well.
Serve very cold.
1 heaping cup per serving. Makes 4 servings.
Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl except the oils.
Stir well until incorporated.
While vigorously stirring the mixture, add the oils.