Submitted by Kelley Yates
- 2 lbs ground lamb
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (12 oz) pkg frozen chopped green pepper
- 1 (12 oz) pkg frozen chopped onions
- 16 oz mild spiced chili beans
- 2 (16 oz) cans red kidney beans
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans stewed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp each salt, ground pepper and chili powder
- 1 Tbsp each paprika and ground cumin
Put the lamb in a wide, heavy skillet and cook over medium heat, breaking it up and stirring to cook it through.
Combine remaining ingredients in a slow cooker set on low. Drain any fat from lamb, and add meat to cooker. Stir to blend, cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Extras can be frozen. Serve with cheese, sour cream or other desired toppings.