- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 can (12-oz.) evaporated skim milk
- 1/2 cup and 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups fat free granola without added fruit
- 6 Tablespoons fruit-juice-sweetened raspberry preserves, melted
- 1 (16-oz.) bag frozen raspberries, defrosted and drained, or 2 cups fresh raspberries
In medium saucepan, over medium heat, whisk together flour, cocoa, evaporated milk and maple syrup.
Bring mixture to low boil and reduce heat to low and cook approximately 5 minutes until mixture thickens.
Stir in vanilla and almond extract.
Let cool slightly, approximately 5 minutes.
Pulse granola in food processor into coarse crumbs, approximately 1 minute.
Arrange 1 cup crumbs in bottom of 1quart trifle dish.
Drizzle 3 Tablespoons of melted preserves over crumbs.
Spoon 2/3 cup of pudding over preserves.
Arrange half of raspberries over pudding.
Repeat layering procedure with remaining crumbs, preserves, pudding and raspberries.
NOTE: This recipe uses a straight sided 8-inch diameter, 3-inch high trifle dish.
Double recipe if larger dish is used.