- Vegetable cooking spray
- 8 chocolate wafer cookies, crushed
- 1 (15-oz.) carton part-skim ricotta cheese, drained
- 1 (8-oz.) package Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup frozen egg substitute, thawed
- 3 Tablespoons skim milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 Tablespoons praline liqueur
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons sugar
- Chocolate curls (optional)
Coat a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Dust bottom and sides of pan with crushed wafers.
Beat cheeses in a large bowl at medium speed of an electric mixer 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth.
Add egg substitute and milk. Beat well.
Add cocoa and next three ingredients, beating well.
Beat egg whites (at room temperature) at high speed of electric mixer until soft peaks form.
Gradually add sugar, 1 Tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form.
Fold egg whites into cheese mixture.
Spoon over crushed wafers and bake at 275° for 1 hour.
Center will be soft but will firm when chilled.
Turn off oven and leave cheesecake in oven for an additional 30 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature.
Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
Remove sides of pan and garnish with chocolate curls if desired.
Yield -12 servings. 164 calories per serving.