- Serves 4.
- 1 cup Italian parsley, washed and stems removed
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large green onion, finely chopped
- 8 Portobello mushrooms, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup button mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup carrots, finely shredded
- 3 slices bread, finely crumbled
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 oz. crumbled Stilton cheese
- 4 sesame seed buns
Chop parsley very fine and set aside. Heat 1 Tablespoon of olive oil and sauté green onion until soft and white part is translucent. Add mushrooms, garlic, and carrots and sauté for 12 to 15 minutes, until liquid from mushrooms has almost evaporated. Let cool. Stir in parsley, breadcrumbs, egg, vinegar, salt, and pepper. This mixture should be very stiff. If not, add more breadcrumbs. Preheat oven to 400° and shape mixture into 4 patties. Heat remaining oil in large sauté pan over medium-high heat and sear burgers until golden brown on both sides. Crumble cheese over top and place pan in oven for 15 minutes until browned. Remove from oven and place burgers on sesame seed buns. Top with sliced red onion, lettuce, and tomatoes.