- Serves 6 to 8.
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1-1/2 quarts chicken stock
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon steak sauce (such as A-1)
- Unsweetened whipped cream for garnish
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, snipped for garnish
In a heavy saucepan combine all ingredients except cream and parsley; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Warm cream in small saucepan. When ready to serve, stir warm cream into soup and garnish with fresh parsley.