- 4 Tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 Tablespoons flour
- generous sprinkle of garlic powder (about 1-1/2 Tablespoons)
- 1 pint Half and Half (other milk may be used to reduce fat and flavor)
- 1 cup while wine (Chablis)
- 1 pound shrimp, boiled, shelled and deveined
- 1 (10-oz.) can baby clams, drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 oz. Swiss cheese*
- fettuccine noodles
Marty Hayes of Knottsville
Melt butter with garlic over medium heat. Stir in flour until mixed.
Slowly stir in Half and Half until mixed and thickened. Salt and pepper to taste.
Stir constantly or it will get thicker than you want.
Slowly add white wine while stirring constantly.
Reduce heat and melt in cheese.
Keep stirring and add shrimp and clams.
Cook desired amount of fettuccine noodles according to directions on package.
Drain noodles and either mix with Alfredo sauce or serve the sauce over noodles.
Offer grated Parmesan cheese for a topping at the table.
You will find the shrimp and clams together make an interesting flavor and stand up well to each other.
Both are noticeable with neither overpowering the other.
*Parmesan or a cheese other than Swiss may be substituted