Sunday Supper Chicken
- 4 fresh chicken breasts, boned, split and pounded to flatten
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 (3-oz.) pkg. cream cheese with chives cut into quarters and softened
- 1 large egg, beaten with 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups bread crumbs
- 2 to 4 Tablespoons butter
Salt and pepper each open chicken breast.
Spread a fourth of the softened cream cheese on each chicken breast.
Fold halves together and secure with toothpicks if they do not hold together.
Dip in beaten egg and roll in bread crumbs.
Use a non-stick baking pan.
These may now be frozen or cooked.
If preparing immediately, fry slowly in butter.
The chicken cooks quickly because the chicken is thin.
Serve hot immediately.