Southern Greens Soup
- Serves 4.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 cups water
- 1 package Knorr’s dry vegetable soup mix
- 2 lbs. fresh turnip greens, washed, drained, and chopped
- 1 can (20 oz.) white beans, drained
- 1 pkg. Polish sausage, sliced
Sauté onion in oil in Dutch oven. Add water and vegetable soup mix. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Add turnip greens and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add white beans and sausage. Simmer, uncovered, for about 15 minutes until greens are tender. Add more hot water if you want it more “soupy.” Serve with hot cornbread.