- Serves 6-8.
- 1 (1-lb.) loaf frozen bread dough
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (10-oz.) pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar or part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Thaw bread dough according to package directions; let rise until doubled. Meanwhile, in a skillet, sauté onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in spinach.
On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into 14×10-inch rectangle. Mix spinach and cheeses. Save 2 Tablespoons Parmesan to sprinkle on top before baking. Spread spinach mixture to within 1/2 inch of edges; sprinkle with cheese. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with the long side; pinch seam to seal. Place seam side down on a baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray; tuck ends under.
Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack; let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve warm.
Note: you may want to deliver this bread unbaked, and include a note with instructions on how to bake.