Sugar-free Strawberry Meringues
- Makes 4 dozen.
- 1/4 cup plus
- 1/2 cup Splenda
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 large egg whites at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons strawberry extract
- Few drops of red food coloring
Repeat directions for meringues recipe above, adding strawberry extract and food coloring in place of vanilla and almond extracts. (You may use the basic meringue recipe for many flavors, including cappuccino meringues, by simply adding 1-1/2 teaspoons instant coffee in place of vanilla and almond extracts.) Note: Splenda measures just like sugar. You may also bake and cook with it with great results.