Veterans Day events have been happening all week, and there are still more for the weekend. This is a great way to honor those who have served and continue to serve; check out the events below:
FRANKFORT, Ky. Kentucky’s state veterans centers and veterans cemeteries will host ceremonies in recognition of Veterans Day.
- Friday, November 11: At 6:30 p.m. there will be live music and a bonfire.
- Saturday, November 12: From 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. will be the Second Annual Veterans Day Car Show
Joseph E. Ballard Western Kentucky Veterans Center in Hanson events:
- Saturday, November 12: Madisonville Elks Lodge 738 will be hosting their annual veterans breakfast with several residents attending.
- Sunday, November 13: Several residents will be participating in the 52nd Annual Veterans Day Parade in Madisonville.
- Wednesday, November 16: WKVC Resident Council President will be guest speaker at Pride Elementary school.
Thomson-Hood Veterans Center (THVC) in Wilmore will hold a series of events to honor Kentucky veterans. Some of the week’s special events include:
Wilmore Veterans Day Parade, Saturday, November 12: 10 a.m., all of the community is invited to be a part of the Wilmore Veterans Day Parade. Thomson-Hood Veterans will be cruising in the parade in Corvettes provided by the Bluegrass Corvette Club. If you or your group would like to be entered into the parade please contact Amy Fitch at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Veterans Day Parade will conclude at the Thomson-Hood Veterans Center.
Thomson-Hood Community Veterans Day Ceremony, Saturday, November 12: the Thomson-Hood Community Veterans Day Ceremony will be held promptly following the Wilmore Veterans Day Parade at 11:11 a.m. inside the center. The speaker of the ceremony will feature LTC (KYNG,RET) Walter Beaumont. Special music will be provided by the Fellowship Band orchestrated by Nathan Miller and a solo performed by Thomson-Hood employee Rebecca Hilterbran. Open house with refreshments will follow the presentation.
Please confirm times and dates locally; information provided.
Kentucky Living Tim Web