- Makes about 3 cups.
- 6 Roma tomatoes (1 lb., chopped)
- 3/4 cup chopped, peeled jicama
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded, finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
In large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate 3 hours or longer to blend flavors. Place salsa in jar with tight-fitting lid. Store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.