- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 quart fresh pumpkin (instructions below)
- 1-1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves, ground
- 2 teaspoons real vanilla
- 24 ounces (2 cans) evaporated milk
- 2 (9-inch) unbaked pie shells
Preheat oven to 425°.
Mix all ingredients well with electric mixer.
Pour into 2 pie shells. Bake 15 minutes.
Reduce heat to 350° and bake an additional 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center of pie comes out clean. Serves 8.
Peel fresh pie pumpkin and scoop out pulp.
Cut pumpkin into chunks and place in the pressure cooker.
Add 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 cups of water.
Cook 10 minutes at 15 lbs. pressure.
Drain in a colander 20 minutes.
Mash the pumpkin with electric mixer.