- Serves 4.
- 1/2 cup toasted pecan pieces
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 2 large apples peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1-1/4 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup flour Powdered sugar for dusting
Preheat oven to 400°. Toast pecan pieces until brown and nicely toasted. Melt 2 Tablespoons of butter in an iron skillet or a very heavy one. Add apples, sugar, and cinnamon and cook over medium-low heat until apples are very tender, about 6 to 8 minutes. Add pecan pieces and continue cooking, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Add remaining butter, stir, and remove from heat.
Combine eggs, milk, baking powder, and flour, and stir or whisk until just blended—no longer. Pour batter over apples and bake until golden brown and puffy, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven, dust with powdered sugar, and serve warm.