Submitted by Valerie Dieling
- 3 large chicken beasts
- 3 boxes of organic chicken broth
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 LG can Rotel tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 small can Rotel tomatoes with chilies (You have to use Rotel don't substitute)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 5 tablespoons chili powder
- Small shells
- Tortilla chips broken up for topping
Cook chicken in pan with some of the broth until done, remove and cut into small bite size pieces.
Cut red and green bell pepper into dice size pieces Crush garlic Place in large Dutch oven peppers and garlic with about 4 tablespoons oil and saute until tender, add chicken and continue to saute for a few more minutes.
Add all spices a day pepper flakes Stir for minute or two Add tomatoes and broth and simmer on low for about 2 hours, add 1/2 box shells Chop entire bunch of cilantro very fine and add to soup. Simmer until shells are cooked.
Serve with broken up tortilla chips