- Makes 1 quart.
- 3/4 cup marshmallow cream
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 4 oz. semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup less 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream
Warm marshmallow cream in the top of a double boiler or in a pan within another pan of water. In a heavy saucepan, combine the half-and-half and chocolate. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth. Meanwhile, beat the egg and sugar until thick and light in color. Gradually beat in the hot chocolate mixture. Stir in the vanilla and heavy cream. Fold in the marshmallow cream and chill. Freeze according to the instructions for your ice-cream maker. Transfer to freezer containers for storage.