- Serves 6.
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 6-8 oz. pkg. chopped country ham bits
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1 Tablespoon powdered ham base (available in soup aisle)
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1 small bag frozen California Blend vegetables (broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 sheet puff pastry, cut into strips
- Egg wash (1 egg beaten with 1 Tablespoon water)
Preheat oven to 400°. Steam vegetables until just tender and drain. Melt butter in iron skillet and add country ham pieces. Sauté a few minutes and stir in flour and ham base. Add milk slowly and whisk until well-mixed. Fold vegetables into ham mixture and stir gently. Add salt and pepper and chopped parsley. Lay strips of puff pastry in lattice pattern on top and brush with egg wash. Bake in preheated oven, approximately 25 minutes, until strips are puffed, golden brown, and mixture is bubbly.