Crispy Oven Fried Chicken
- Serves 8.
- 3-lb. frying chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 4 cups crushed potato chips
- 1 Tablespoon oregano
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 4 Tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
Preheat oven to 375°. Grease a large baking sheet. Wash chicken thoroughly and trim away fat and skin. Rinse and pat dry. Combine potato chip crumbs, oregano, parsley, seasoned salt, and pepper. Beat eggs with water and dip chicken in egg mixture, then roll in crumbs. Pat crumbs in place with your fingers. Place chicken on baking sheet and drizzle with butter or margarine. Bake 50 to 60 minutes until browned and crisp.