- Makes 4.
- 8 thin slices ciabatta bread (or any dense variety)
- Soft butter
- 1 cup low-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced into thin rounds
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 2 Tablespoons flat Italian parsley
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 2 small zucchini, shredded
- 2 large Swiss chard leaves, julienned
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prepare bread by spreading a light layer of butter on both sides of each slice. Sprinkle cheese on four slices and build upward with a little of each of the vegetables, sprouts, and parsley, topping it off with a slice of bread. Grill so vegetables will adhere to the melted cheese. Turn and grill on other side.